Add another cloud account
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
IPAM — NAM — SAM — VMAN
Before proceeding, make sure the cloud account is configured for the Orion Platform and have your cloud account credentials handy.
To add a cloud account:
- Access the Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring Settings page.
Click Add Cloud Account.
Select a cloud service provider.
When the Cloud Settings page appears, enter cloud account credentials.
Click Test Connection.
If an error occurs, verify account credentials and confirm that accounts are configured for the Orion Platform.
- (Optional) Toggle Auto Monitoring on and off.
Click Continue to advance to the API Polling page.
(Optional) Disable automatic polling for instances/VMs currently linked to the account, as well as for future instances/VMs launched for the account.
To avoid exceeding polling limits, consider toggling Auto Monitoring off when adding a cloud account to block polling for new instances/VMs launched and then discovered for an account. You can enable monitoring for individual instances/VMs later.
- (Optional) Change the default polling frequency — 5 minutes.
- (Optional) Click Manage Alerts to configure alerts for the account. See Manage cloud monitoring alerts.
Depending on your account permissions, you may not have access to this option.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) On the Instances page, filter instances/VMs that appear by state, region, availability zone, platform, or OS.
If an instance/VM is shutdown or not accessible, this icon appears: .
By default, all new instances/VMs related to a cloud user account are monitored and the default polling frequency is 5 minutes.
After an account is added, the Orion Platform begins polling all instances or VMs linked to the new account for status and metrics every five minutes. Click Dashboards > Cloud to display the Cloud Summary page and review instances/VMs for the new account.
- (Optional) Restrict other users from displaying instances/VMs for the new account in the Orion Web Console, as described next.
After adding a cloud account, you can modify user account settings in the Orion Web Console to control which users can access cloud accounts via the Cloud Summary page.
To hide or configure a specific view for summary and instance information, modify Orion account settings.
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings, locate the User Accounts section, and click Manage Accounts.
- Select an account and click Edit.
- Locate and expand Cloud Monitoring Settings to configure the page to display for the Cloud Summary View.
- On the Cloud Summary page, expand Virtual Infrastructure Monitor Settings and locate the Cloud Instance Details View option.
- If an instance/VM is Manage a cloud instance or VM as an Orion Platform node, set the Cloud Instance Details View option to Node Details - Cloud. Otherwise, leave it set to Default.
- Click Submit.