Filter messages based on priority
Each incoming message contains a priority value, consisting of a facility and a level. Use the Priority filter to trigger an action when you receive high or low priority messages. For example, you can create a rule that sends an email when you receive a message with a critical or higher priority level.
If a rule does not contain a Priority filter, the Kiwi Syslog Server includes all priorities.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
- Add a rule, or locate an existing rule.
- Right-click Filters below the rule, and click Add Filter.
- Right-click the default filter name. Click Rename Filter to enter a descriptive name.
In the Field menu, select Priority.
Select a cell or column header. Selected cells are highlighted.
- Right-click the highlighted area and select Toggle to On.
Green check marks indicate the column cells included in the Priority field.
- Test the filter.
- Click Apply.
Only messages with the priorities you select trigger the actions in the associated rule.