Filter messages based on priority
Each incoming message contains a priority value, consisting of a facility and a level. Use the Priority filter to trigger an action when you receive high or low priority messages. For example, you can create a rule that sends an email when you receive a message with a critical or higher priority level.
If a rule does not contain a Priority filter, Kiwi Syslog Server NG includes all priorities.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Filters step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add filter. Define the filter name in the provided field.
- In the Field drop down, select Priority.
- Select the Facility and Severity values in their respective drop downs.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating a filter in the New Rule wizard, click Add.
Only messages with the priorities you select trigger the actions in the associated rule.