Load balance action rules for ticket processing
To balance ticket processing during periods of high call volume, you can configure action rules to reassign tickets to assigned techs in another tech group.
When you configure your action rule, select one of the following assignment algorithms to avoid ticket level errors:
- Load Balancing. Reassigns tickets specifically to assigned techs in another tech group with the least amount of ticket backlog.
- Round Robin. Reassigns tickets sequentially to assigned techs in another tech group.
When completed, the action rule automatically assigns tickets that meet the criteria to another tech group and request type.
- In the toolbar, click Setup and select Processes > Action Rules.
In the Rule Name column, click the action rule you want to modify or click New to create a new Action Rule.
- Select the appropriate options on the Action Rule Info tab for your new or existing action rule according to your needs.
If you are creating a new rule, enter a name in the Rule Name field.
- Click the Criteria tab.
Select the appropriate criteria according to your needs.
- Click the Actions tab.
Click the Assignment Algorithm drop-down menu and select Load Balancing or Round Robin, depending on your help desk requirements.
- Select any additional options on the Actions tab according to your needs.
- Click Save.