Configure the NCM, NPM, and SAM settings
You can configure Web Help Desk to periodically discover assets stored in SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Server & Application Monitor (SAM), and Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
Before you begin, locate the following information:
- SolarWinds Orion Platform system IP address and port number
- SolarWinds Orion Platform login and password
- System database’s login and password
To configure Web Help Desk to discover assets stored in SolarWinds NPM, SAM, or NCM:
- In the toolbar, click Setup.
- Select Assets > Discovery Connections.
In the Connection Name field, enter a name for the new connection.
- Click the Discovery Tool drop-down menu and select one of the following, depending on which connection you want to discover your assets:
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
To discover your assets using more than one SolarWinds product, you must configure separate discovery connections for each product.
Enter the NPM, SAM, or NCM database host name, port number, database name, user name, and password.
Complete the remaining fields as required.
For more information about any field, see the tooltips.
- Click the Attribute Mapping tab, and map the asset fields as appropriate. All bold selections are required.
- Click Save.
- To view the imported assets, on the toolbar, click Assets > Search.