Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Mobile Device Statistics
You can use this SAM application monitor template to monitor the following Office 365 Exchange details:
- Mobile Users (Users with mobile devices associated with them)
- Mobile Devices by OS
- Mobile Devices (Inactive)
- Mobile Devices by Access State (Allowed vs. Blocked)
Tip: Consider using one of the new SAM API Poller templates designed for Microsoft 365 instead of legacy application monitor templates.
WMI access to the target server
See also Connect to Exchange Online Using Remote PowerShell (© 2020, Microsoft Corp, available at https://docs.microsoft.com/, obtained on February 3, 2020).
Run the PowerShell script mentioned in the Microsoft article on the Orion server, not the target node.
- An Orion account with SAM administrator permissions.
- An all-in-one, inclusive Office 365 account with Global Administrator privileges.
Alternatively, use an account with an admin role that has permission to access data to be monitored via the Office 365 API.
Use UPN format (
username@domain) — not
domain\username format to enter credentials.
To avoid authentication issues if passwords change, use a service account for Exchange Web Services.