Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Mailboxes
You can use this SAM application monitor template to monitor the following details about Office 365 Exchange mailboxes:
- Inactive Exchange Users
- Mailbox Sizes (largest mailboxes)
- Mailboxes over Quota
- Mailbox Sizes (Shared)
- Archived Mailboxes
- Forwarded Exchange Users
Tip: Consider using one of the SAM API Poller templates designed for Microsoft 365 instead of legacy application monitor templates.
- WMI access to the target server
- See also Connect to Exchange Online Using Remote PowerShell (© 2020 Microsoft Corp, available at https://docs.microsoft.com/, obtained on February 3, 2020)
Run the PowerShell script mentioned in the Microsoft article on the SolarWinds Platform server, not the target node.
- A SolarWinds Platform account with SAM administrator permissions
- An all-in-one, inclusive Office 365 account with Global Administrator privileges to support the monitoring of all mailboxes
Alternatively, use an account with an admin role that has permission to access data to be monitored via the Office 365 API.
Use UPN format (
username@domain) — not
domain\username format to enter credentials.
To avoid authentication issues if passwords change, use a service account for Exchange Web Services.