Select NPM nodes or interfaces to poll a custom statistic
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM
Before you begin, make sure the UnDP poller is created and enabled. See Define a custom statistic to monitor in the NPM.
- Start the Universal Device Poller application, for example by clicking Start > SolarWinds Orion > Universal Device Poller.
- Click Assign Pollers.
- Navigate the poller tree, select the pollers you want to assign, and click Next.
By default, there are two poller groups:
- Example - all predefined out-of-the box UnDP pollers.
- Default Group - all user-defined UnDPs if they are not assigned to any other group.
Selecting a poller group selects all pollers in the group. If you do not want to assign all pollers, clear the pollers that you do not want to assign.
- Expand the node tree down to the interface level, and select the elements to apply the pollers.
- Interfaces are not displayed unless you are assigning an interface poller.
- Selecting a node automatically assigns a selected interface poller to all interfaces on the node. Clear boxes for interfaces that should not be assigned to the poller.
- Click Test to see current results of the selected pollers on the selected nodes or interfaces. If the test fails, see Troubleshooting failed tests.
- After you have completed your poller assignments, click Finish.