Filter messages based on input source
This feature is available only in a licensed edition of Kiwi Syslog Server.
Use the Input source filter to trigger an action<![CDATA[ ]]>if the input source of the message matches one of the selected input sources. For example, only triggering on incoming TCP messages.
If there is no Input source filter in the rule, the Kiwi Syslog Server includes all messages.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
- Add a rule, or locate an existing rule.
- Right-click Filters below the rule, and click Add Filter.
- Click the default filter name, and enter a descriptive name.
In the Field menu, select Input source.
- Select one or more input sources.
- Test the filter.
The Kiwi Syslog Server triggers actions in the associated rule when messages are received from the selected input source.