Add an action to log messages to Loggly
This documentation is for legacy Kiwi Syslog Server versions 9.8.2 and older. See the KSSNG version of Add an action to log messages to Loggly for the newest version of the following documentation.
You can add an action to log messages to Loggly, a cloud-based logging service for quick searching and troubleshooting. You can send logs from Kiwi Syslog Server, or other servers or applications that can connect to the Internet. Then monitor, search, react to, and archive your messages on Loggly.com.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
- Add a rule, or locate an existing rule.
- Right-click Actions below the rule, and choose Add Action.
- Replace the default name with a descriptive name.
From the Action menu, select Log to Loggly.com.
Insert the Loggly customer token. You can view this token by navigating to your Loggly online portal. Choose Source Setup > Customer Tokens.
- Click Apply.
- Test the action by navigating to your Loggly portal.