Install Orion Platform products using Azure Marketplace
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Starting with Orion Platform 2019.4. you can deploy Orion Platform products using Azure Marketplace.
Orion Platform license
On Azure Marketplace, Orion Platform products are now available with 30-day evaluation period.
Evaluating Orion Platform products is free of charge. However, please note that running the Orion Platform in Azure is subject to a charge. You can check the rates in Azure Marketplace.
Why use Azure with the Orion Platform?
- You can use the following database solutions for your deployment: Azure SQL Database or dedicated SQL.
- Azure VMs are built dynamically on the fly using the latest versions and hotfixes available at time of creation.
- The installation on Azure Marketplace is powered by the SolarWinds Orion Installer. Install the first Orion Platform product using Azure Marketplace, and if necessary, install further products directly from the Orion Web Console.
Before you begin, review the requirements for deploying your Orion Platform in the Azure cloud.
Using Azure Marketplace to install NTA and Log Analyzer with Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Database managed instance is not supported. To evaluate NTA or Log Analyzer with Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Database managed instance, run the installer.exe file on the main Orion server.
Steps to deploy Orion Platform using Azure Marketplace
- Log in to Azure Marketplace and search for the product to install.
Search for SolarWinds to see available SolarWinds products.
- Follow the wizard to install an Orion Platform product using Azure Marketplace.
Basics: Configure basic settings
- In App Name, provide the name of your Orion server
- Provide a password for your Orion Administrator.
- Select a subscription.
- Assign a Resource group.
- In Location, select where to deploy your Orion instance.
Infrastructure Information: Provide details about your accounts and VM
- Provide the user name and password for the local Windows Administrator Account.
- In Virtual machine size, review the selected Azure tier.
The default recommended option leaves room for installing additional Orion Platform modules.
If you decide to change the VM size, click Change size and select an option.
Operating System Details: Configure the operating system and disk type
- In Image, select an operating system.
- In OS Disk type, select the disk.
- You can also use your own Windows license to reduce the cost.
Network Settings: Configure virtual network, subnets, public IP and DNS prefix for the public IP
- In Virtual Network, create a new or select the network to deploy the Orion Azure VM.
- In Subnets, specify the subnet to deploy the Orion Azure VM.
- In Public IP Address, you can specify a static or dynamic publicly routable IP address for accessing the Orion deployment.
- In DNS Prefix..., specify the host name or short name of the server.
Orion Installation: Review the defaults
- Check the Orion Web Console address created based on settings in previous steps.
- If you plan to deploy scalability engines, make sure the Support Scalability Engine option is selected (Yes). This opens the ports necessary for the deployment and operation of additional polling engines, additional web servers, and high availability servers.
- In Installation Type, select whether to use Azure SQL DB or Microsoft SQL as the database server type. If you select Azure SQL DB, the default Standard S3 tier is used. You can change it at any time.
Summary: Review and back up template and parameters.
- Review the settings before the deployment starts. You can download the template and parameters for using the same values in the future. Click OK.
- Review the offer details.
- If everything looks good, click Create to start the deployment.
- To deploy more Orion Platform products, use the Orion Installer directly from the Orion Web Console.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console you have just installed.
- Click Settings > My Orion Deployment.
- Go to the Updates & Evaluations tab and complete the Orion Upgrade and Evaluation Wizard. See Orion Installer for more details.
Disclaimer: Please note, any content posted herein is provided as a suggestion or recommendation to you for your internal use. This is not part of the SolarWinds software or documentation that you purchased from SolarWinds, and the information set forth herein may come from third parties. Your organization should internally review and assess to what extent, if any, such custom scripts or recommendations will be incorporated into your environment. You elect to use third party content at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for the incorporation of the same, if any.