Get started with WPM
After installing WPM on the Orion server, use this guide to finish setting up WPM so you can begin monitoring web and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications in your environment.
- Get started. Learn how WPM operates and see an example of how to use it.
- Set up. Log into WPM and adjust Orion account permissions for WPM users.
- Deploy. Add Web Transaction Recorders and WPM Players to remote machines.
Who this guide is for
|New WPM users||Existing WPM users|
This guide is the best place to start WPM. When finished, go to the WPM Administrator Guide.
Make sure you're using the latest WPM tools. See Deploy WPM to remote systems.
Existing customers: Access your licensed software from the SolarWinds Customer Portal. If you need implementation help, contact Customer Support. See Working with Support to learn how to open a support case with the correct level of visibility.
Evaluators: To test drive WPM, download a free 30-day trial here. It includes all available features, functional for 30 days. After the evaluation period, you can easily convert your evaluation license to a production license by obtaining and applying a license key. For assistance during evaluation, contact email@example.com.
Additional learning resources
- To install the primary WPM application on the Orion server, see the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- See the WPM Administrator Guide for in-depth descriptions about features, step-by-step procedures, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
- To learn about Orion Platform features in WPM, see the Orion Platform Administrator Guide.
- WPM online help includes details about WPM views and widgets, alert variables, and more.
- Explore the SolarWinds Success Center for WPM training resources and support articles.
- Visit the WPM product forum in THWACK to connect with SolarWinds developers, product managers, and other customers.
- Watch these introductory videos: SolarWinds Lab #18 and WPM Guided Tour.