Monitor your virtual infrastructure in SAM
You can use SAM to monitor hosts and virtual machines (VMs) directly in the Orion Web Console for supported environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, ESXI, ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix, and VMware vSphere.
Virtual monitoring capabilities in SAM include:
- Displaying Up/Down status, Top 10 counters, and performance metrics such as CPU, memory, average response time, and packet loss.
- Monitoring hardware health for Nutanix clusters, along with child Hyper-V and VMware nodes.
- Monitoring cloud instances and VMs for AWS and Azure.
- Monitoring container services for Docker, Kubernetes, and Apache Mesos.
- ICMP is enabled on virtual servers (recommended).
- Credentials for the Orion server exist on ESX servers.
- Your virtual infrastructure was already discovered.
To learn more, see Monitor your virtual infrastructure in the Orion Platform Administrator Guide.