Discover servers in your SAM environment
- Use the Discovery Wizard (also called the Network Sonar Wizard) to detect a large number of devices across your enterprise, and then add discovered devices with the Network Sonar Results Wizard.
- Add nodes by querying your Active Directory domain controller
- Add individual nodes in the Manage Nodes view.
See the SAM Getting Started Guide for details about adding servers. The Orion Platform Administrator Guide also provides details about Discovery, as well as how to configure polling methods, schedule future Discoveries, and group objects.
To configure specific types of servers for SAM monitoring, see the following topics in the SAM Template Reference:
- Configure Linux/Unix systems for monitoring by the Orion agent in SAM
- Configure Java applications servers and JVMs for SAM monitoring
- Configure Oracle database servers for SAM monitoring
When finished adding and configuring servers, you can start discovering applications in your environment.