Web Help Desk uses tickets to manage service requests. These tickets can be initiated through email, created in the application, and imported from another application. Techs, admins, and clients can also manage tickets through email or through the application in a web browser.
Using Web Help Desk, you can:
- Create a ticket using the Web Help Desk tech interface or email.
- Create a quick ticket for a frequent issue, such as a forgotten password.
- Configure ticket status types to identify the ticket's current stage of completion and indicate whether action is needed.
- Configure ticket details such as selecting a request type, improving ticket resolution with ticket types, adding details to tickets with tech notes, and escalating or de-escalating a ticket.
- View and customize the ticket queue to quickly access list of tickets assigned to you or your tech group.
- Search for a ticket using a basic or advanced search.
- Perform actions on multiple tickets to apply a set of changes to multiple tickets at once.
- Update and resolve tickets by changing ticket information and performing actions on multiple tickets.
- Merge tickets and their associated attachments and messages into one ticket.
- Create parent/child service relationships to change a service request to a problem ticket (or parent) and attach related service requests (or children) to the problem ticket for ticket automation.
For information about using commands (instead of the Web Help Desk Console) to manage tickets, see the Tickets section in the Web Help Desk REST API Guide