Hide databases from AppInsight for SQL in the All Databases widget
These steps do not "unmanage" the database. They hide the database from appearing in the All Databases widget, but the SolarWinds Platform will continue alerting on the database. To prevent a database from triggering alerts, unmanage the database on the Database Details page's Management widget instead.
Follow these steps to prevent databases from appearing in the All Databases widget that is part of AppInsight for SQL.
- Navigate to the Management widget on the Database Details page and confirm that the database is currently being managed.
- Navigate to the AppInsight for SQL Details page for your SQL instance.
- Record the last few digits of the applicationID in the browser URL. You'll need it for a later step.
- On the SolarWinds Platform server, open Database Manager by clicking Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager
- When the application loads, click Add Default Server
- Expand the SolarWinds Platform Database to view tables for installed SolarWinds applications.
- Locate the table 'APM_SqlBbDatabase'
Run the following query:
SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[APM_SqlBbDatabase] where applicationId = 168
- Update the ApplicationID to match your Application ID you recorded during step 3.
- Click "Enable table editing" above the Query text box.
- Clear the check box in the Visible column for each database you want to hide in the All Databases widget on the AppInsight for SQL Details page.
- Click 'Enable table editing' again to finish the editing session.