Discover your SAM environment
After installing SAM, identify the network objects that you want to add to the Orion database for monitoring.
- To automatically discover and add a large number of network objects, use the Network Sonar Discovery and Network Sonar Results Wizards. For an overview, watch this video.
- To add individual network objects for monitoring, you can also add single nodes in the Orion Web Console, as shown in this video.
For SAM, the Orion Platform term "network objects" refers to servers and applications.
Before you build your environment, we recommend reviewing these topics:
- What should I monitor in SAM?
- Discover your servers and applications in SAM
- Add discovered servers and applications to SAM
See the Orion Platform Administrator Guide to learn about related functionality shared by multiple Orion Platform modules, such as how to:.
- Add nodes using Active Directory
- Choose polling methods
- Import nodes
- Manage scheduled discovery results
- Minimize SNMP processing load during Discovery
- Group objects and mirroring network dependencies