Discover your environment
After you install SolarWinds SAM, you can identify the devices you want to monitor, and add them to the SolarWinds Orion database.
- To automatically discover and add a larger number of devices across your enterprise, use the Network Sonar Discovery and Network Sonar Results Wizards.
- To add individual objects for monitoring, add single nodes using Node Management in the Orion Web Console.
After adding application servers, review the following topics in this guide:
- What should I monitor in SAM?
- Discover your servers and applications in SAM
- Add discovered servers and applications to SAM
To learn about the following topics, see the Orion Platform Administrator Guide:
- Add nodes using Active Directory
- Choose polling methods
- Import nodes
- Manage scheduled discovery results
- Minimize SNMP processing load during Discovery
- Group objects and mirroring network dependencies