Before promoting nodes to SNMP monitoring, note these details:
- If custom properties exist for monitored nodes, provide appropriate values for the promoted node also.
- If you plan to use SNMPv3 to monitor the promoted node, provide the following SNMPv3 credential settings:
- SNMPv3 User name and Context
- SNMPv3 Authentication Method and Password/Key
- SNMPv3 Privacy/Encryption Method and Password/Key
Read/Write SNMPv3 Credentials are optional, but the public Community String is required.
To change the polling method for a node:
- Navigate to Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the node, click Edit Properties, and then select Most Devices: SNMP and ICMP.
- Select the SNMP Version for the promoted node. The Orion Platform uses SNMPv2c by default.
- Enter the appropriate credentials, then click Validate SNMP to confirm your SNMP settings.
- Click Submit, then click OK.
To learn more, see the Orion Platform Administrator Guide.