Modify legacy reports for the SolarWinds Platform in Report Writer
This topic applies to all SolarWinds Platform products except for the following products:
ETS — LA — WPM
In Orion Platform 2020.2.6, the Report Writer tool is removed from the SolarWinds Platform. Migrate the reports to the web and use the web-based reports.
Before using Report Writer, you must collect some data in a database populated with devices you want to monitor. A variety of reports are included with Report Writer, and icons that precede report names distinguish available report types. The following procedure starts Report Writer.
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping > Report Writer.
- Click File > Settings.
In the General tab of the Report Writer Settings window, select either of the following as a default viewing mode:
You can toggle between Preview and Report Designer modes at any time by clicking Preview or Design in the toolbar.
- Preview displays the report as it will appear in printed form. For more information, see Report Writer Preview Mode in the SolarWinds Platform (deprecated SolarWinds Platform feature).
- Report Designer is the report creation and editing interface. For more information, see Report Writer Design Mode for the SolarWinds Platform (deprecated SolarWinds Platform feature).
- Separate the data for individual network objects with horizontal lines by clicking Report Style, and then selecting Display horizontal lines between each row.
- Click OK to exit Report Writer Settings.
For more information about creating reports in Report Writer, see Create and modify legacy SolarWinds Platform reports in Report Writer.