Paste custom icons from the Windows clipboard into Network Atlas maps
This SolarWinds Platform topic applies only to the following products:
Hybrid Cloud Observability Essentials — Hybrid Cloud Observability Advanced
DPAIM — EOC — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
You can paste graphics from the Windows clipboard into Network Atlas maps, and display an overlay behind them to depict their status.
Icons that you paste into Network Atlas are saved to the SolarWinds Platform database, and made available for reuse in other maps under the "Imported" icon grouping. Pasted icons saved to the SolarWinds Platform database can be used by remote instances of Network Atlas.
- Open the icon image in a graphics program, such as Visio or Photoshop.
- Copy the image to the Windows clipboard with the Copy command.
- Open the appropriate map in Network Atlas.
- Paste the image as a new object following these steps:
- Right-click on the map and then click Paste.
- Select Paste the Image From the Clipboard as a New Object.
- Enter a name for the image.
- Click OK.
The added icons are also saved on the SolarWinds Platform server in the path
%APPDATA%\SolarWinds\NetworkAtlas\Maps\Orion\<SolarWinds Platform server address>\NetObjects\Imported.
%APPDATA%is typically located in
C:\Users\<logged on user>\AppData\Roaming
Delete a custom icon
- Determine which file on the SolarWinds Platform server contains the icon (for example,
mypicture.wmf), and delete the file.
- Start the Database Manager, and add the default server.
- Right-click the SolarWinds database, select New query, and execute the following query:
delete FROM [dbo].[MapStudioFiles] where FileName = 'NetObjects\Imported\mypicture.wmf'
mypicture.wmfwith the name of your icon file.
- Start the Network Atlas on the SolarWinds Platform server to delete the icons from the database.
The icon is deleted.