Events, alerts, and reports for Network Insight for F5® BIG-IP® load balancers in NPM
Each F5 details page includes the F5 Events resource that displays events relevant for the object. Click an event to go to the details page for the object with issues and review the situation.
Load balancing events include:
- A component status changes to down
The components include virtual IP, Pool, Server, Wide IP, GTM, or servers.
- Health probe status changes up and down
- H/A peer status or synchronization change
- Server is taken out and placed in rotation
- Concurrent connections per pool member exceed a threshold
Out-of-the-box alerts for F5 load balancers
Out-of-the-box alerts cover the most critical issues in your F5 load balancing environment. For example, alerts warn you if the status of your F5 service changes or if a server goes down.
NPM includes several out-of-the-box reports for F5 that you can use to view trends, establish baselines, or identify potential issues, such as:
- Average LTM Connections over the last 30 days
- Average service availability over the last 30 days
- Average service resolutions per second over the last 30 days