Change the polling method for a node
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the node for which you want to change the polling method, and click Edit Properties.
- Select the Polling Method.
- If you are using SNMP to poll the selected node, select the SNMP version supported on the device, and provide the port and community strings. Click Test to verify that the SNMP settings are correct.
- By default, SolarWinds Platform products use SNMPv2c to poll for performance information. To poll the device using SNMPv1, you must disable SNMPv2c on the device.
- For most SNMPv2c devices, the community string
publicgives sufficient access. To see the available community strings, click into the Community String field, and press the down arrow key.
- To save the community strings as a credential set, provide a Name, and click Save.
- Click Submit.
Your SolarWinds Platform product polls the device using the selected method.