Add an action to send an email message
This feature is available only in a licensed edition of Kiwi Syslog Server NG.
You can add an action to send an email message to one or more recipients. Details from the syslog message and other syslog statistics can be included in the email subject line or the message body.
Before Kiwi Syslog Server NG can send email, you must configure email options.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Actions step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add Action. Define the action name in the provided field.
- In the Action drop down, select E-mail message.
Specify the following options:
E-mail Recipients Enter email recipients. Separate multiple email addresses with commas. E-mail From Enter the From email address. If you are using secured email (SSL or TLS), the From email address entered must match the From email address entered in E-mail setup options. E-mail Subject Specify the message subject. Only one line is allowed. Click Insert message content or counter to include a variable. E-mail Message
Specify the message body. Multiple lines are allowed. Click Insert message content or counter to include variables.
Messages are not included if sent to a pager and field can be left blank.
E-mail Delivery Options Specify the Importance, Priority, or Sensitivity of messages sent by this action. Expand
Select this option to expand carriage return and line feed characters that have previously been replaced with
If the Replace non printable characters with <ASCII value> option is selected in the Modifiers setup options, carriage return (CR) and line feed (LF) characters appearing in the syslog message are replaced. Expanding these characters again when the message is emailed can make the text more readable.
Max subject length Enter the maximum number of characters in the subject line. Leave blank to remove the limit. Max message length
Enter the maximum number of characters in the message body. Leave blank to remove the limit.
For example, if you use the variable
$Message.MsgTextin the message body and a large syslog message arrives, it could be too large to send via email. Limiting the message body length ensures that the message can be sent.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating an action in the New Rule wizard, click Add.