Filter messages based on host name
This feature is available only in the licensed edition of Kiwi Syslog Server.
Use the Hostname filter to include or exclude messages in the filter based on the host name of the sending device. Only messages from the host you include trigger the actions in the associated rule.
If a rule does not contain a Hostname filter, the Kiwi Syslog Server includes all hosts.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
- Add a rule, or locate an existing rule.
- Right-click Filters below the rule, and click Add Filter.
- Right-click the default filter name. Click Rename Filter to enter a descriptive name.
In the Field menu, select Hostname.
- Select an option from the Filter Type menu, and specify host names.
- Test the filter.
Enter host names to include in the filter. Enclose each name in quotation marks.
There is an OR operator between the host names. Messages from any of these hosts are included.
Enter the host names to include or to exclude in the filter. Enclose each name in quotation marks.
There is an OR operator between host names on the same line. Messages are included or excluded if they are sent from any of the hosts on the line.
Enter regular expressions to specify the host names to include or exclude in the filter.