Dameware Remote Support Centralized and Mini Remote Control Centralized overview
Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control provide you with tools to troubleshoot and manage systems and support end users. If you are a customer, you are using either a centralized version of Dameware, or a stand-alone version of Dameware. Each centralized license includes a stand-alone license. If you are not a customer, and are interested in evaluating Dameware, you can download a version of Dameware Remote Support or Dameware Mini Remote Control, fully-functional for 14 days. After the evaluation period, you can convert your evaluation license to a production license by obtaining and applying a license key.
Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control offer different capabilities. With Mini Remote Control, you can:
- Manage Dameware licenses and users.
- Create and manage Global Host Lists that can be shared among technicians.
- Remotely control Windows®, Mac OS® X, and Linux® computers.
- Support end users internal to your network, including sharing files, chatting with end users, and taking screen shots (among many other functions).
The following diagram illustrates how Dameware Mini Remote Control works with the Dameware Central Server to support end users.
With a centralized version of Dameware Remote Support, you can perform all Dameware Mini Remote Control actions, and many others. For example, you can:
- Initiate Internet Sessions to support end users outside your network.
- Create and manage Remote Host Lists that can be shared among technicians.
- Manage Active Directory objects such as Organizational Units (OU), Containers, Users, Groups, Contacts, Computers, and Shares.
- Use Dameware Exporter to quickly extract information from computers.
Dameware Remote Support includes a copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control.
The following diagram illustrates how Dameware Remote Support works with the Dameware Central Server to support end users.
This guide provides installation instructions for a centralized installation of Dameware. For stand-alone or evaluation instructions see Dameware Stand-alone Installation Guide.