Define Location custom fields
Use the Location Custom Fields screen to create location custom fields.
Below is an example of the Location Custom Fields screen.
- Click Setup > Location and Departments > Location > Custom Fields.
- Enter a name for the custom field in the Label field.
- Click the Type drop-down menu and select the appropriate text format type.
- Click the Width drop-down menu and select the number of columns in the custom field text area.
- Click the Height drop-down menu and select the number of rows in the custom field text area.
In the Info field, enter a description that appears in a tool tip for this field.
When you create a tool tip, an Info icon appears next to the custom field. When the user mouses over the icon, the tool tip appears.
- Select the appropriate options for this custom field.
- Select the Limit Input to Text Box Width check box to ensure the maximum number of characters allowed does not exceed the number of characters selected in the Width drop-down menu.
Select the Encrypt in database check box to AES-encrypt the data entered in the custom field before it is stored in the database.
If you select this option after your data is entered, the existing values are not encrypted until they are updated.
- Select the Searchable check box to enable the custom field to appear as a search option on the Advanced Search page.
Select the Allow full-text search (slower) check box when the custom field value may exceed 255 characters.
For performance reasons, only the first 255 characters are indexed. Selecting this option reduces the search performance.
- Click the Display Order drop-down menu and select the order the custom field appears with the current custom fields.
- In the Techs section, select the appropriate client permissions, defining whether the field is hidden, visible, editable, or required or the tech.
- Click Save.
Administrators have at least Editable access to all custom fields. Required fields are required for all administrators.