Disable the wireless heat map poller in NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to NPM.
The wireless heat map poller collects information about the signal strength on monitored access points. By default, this poller is disabled on your devices because of performance issues.
Network Atlas enables the wireless heat map poller on wireless controllers used in wireless maps because the information collected by the poller is required for including access points into wireless heat maps.
When do I need to disable the wireless heat map poller?
If you experience performance issues when working with wireless heat maps, disable the wireless heat map poller on the devices.
Disabling the poller resolves performance issues, but your wireless heat maps will no longer be updated. The Orion Web Console resources and the Network Atlas will both display the last status generated before you disabled the wireless heat map poller.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Node & Group Management grouping, click Manage Pollers.
- Locate the wireless heat map poller in the pollers table, and click the item in the Assignments column, such as 1 Node. Clicking the assignments link opens the Assign Wireless Heat Map to Nodes view.
- Select all nodes for which you want to disable the poller, and then click Off: Disable Poller in the table title.
Clicking the grey Off icon for the nodes in the Poller Status column disables the poller for the nodes. The icon will turn to green On, and the poller will be disabled.