Edit modern dashboards and widgets
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Starting with Orion Platform 2020.2, you can use new data-driven dashboards.
- Add widgets
- Change size and position of widgets
- Rename widgets
- Remove widgets
- Edit what widgets display
See the THWACK post on modern dashboards for an overview of the feature.
Click the pencil icon on a modern dashboard.
Drag a new widget on the dashboard and click Finish configuring.
Specify the widget type and continue the configuration based on the widget type. You can either start from scratch, or use an existing widget as a template.
If you are building a widget that is similar to another widget available in your Orion Platform, use the widget as a template:
- When specifying the widget type, use the search and filtering options in the pane on the left to find the template widget.
- Select the template widget, and click Customize.
- Edit what the widget displays and Save Changes.
Click the pencil icon on the dashboard. Now you're in the Edit dashboard mode
Resize the widget vertically or horizontally by dragging it by the bottom right corner.
To move the widget, hold the handle in the top left corner and drag the widget to a new position.
Click Done editing to save the changes and exit the edit mode.
- Click three dots on the widget > Edit widget.
- Expand Presentation and type title and other details into available boxes.
- Click Save Changes.
Click the red cross icon on the widget and confirm that you want to remove the widget.