Install Orion Platform products using Amazon Marketplace
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Starting with Orion Platform 2020.2 you can deploy Orion Platform products using Amazon Marketplace.
Orion Platform license
On Amazon Marketplace, Orion Platform products are now available with 30-day evaluation period.
Evaluating Orion Platform products is free of charge. However, please note that running the Orion Platform in the Amazon AWS cloud is subject to a charge. You can check the rates in Amazon Marketplace.
Why use Amazon AWS with the Orion Platform?
- You can install multiple Orion Platform products at a time.
- Use the Amazon RDS for SQL Server database solution.
- Amazon VMs are built dynamically on the fly using the latest versions and hotfixes available at time of creation.
- Before you begin, review the requirements for deploying your Orion Platform in the Amazon AWS cloud.
- If you need to deploy the Orion Platform to a private subnet, set up your private subnet to be able to handle outbound Internet traffic before you begin the deployment.
- See URLs used by the Orion Platform for details on IPs/URLs that the Online Installer needs to access.
Steps to deploy Orion Platform using Amazon Marketplace
- Log in to AWS cloud, go to Cloud Formation > Stacks, and Create a new stack.
- Follow the wizard to install Orion Platform products.
Step 1: Specify template
Select a template to use for your Orion deployment.
Step 2: Specify stack details
- Provide a name for the stack.
- Type the password for the admin user in the Orion Web Console.
- Specify the Orion Platform products to install.
- Specify your EC2 key pair, EC2 instance, and the operating system.
- In EC2 IP Address Range, provide the range of IP addresses that will be able to access the Orion deployment.
- Provide the volume type and hard drive space.
- Specify Network Settings, such as subnet, database subnet, and VPC for the new stack.
- Specify whether you'll be using scalability engines, such as ha servers, additional web servers and additional polling engines.
- Configure the database - create a new one or use an existing one.
NTA and LA db?
Step 3: Configure stack options Step 4: Review and back up template and parameters.
Review the settings before the deployment starts.
Disclaimer: Please note, any content posted herein is provided as a suggestion or recommendation to you for your internal use. This is not part of the SolarWinds software or documentation that you purchased from SolarWinds, and the information set forth herein may come from third parties. Your organization should internally review and assess to what extent, if any, such custom scripts or recommendations will be incorporated into your environment. You elect to use third party content at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for the incorporation of the same, if any.