Add additional ipMonitor administrator accounts
When you ran the configuration program to complete the ipMonitor installation, you created an administrator account. You can create additional administrator accounts as needed for your department or organization.
Use the administrator account to access all ipMonitor features and manage other administrator, user, and guest accounts and credentials. If you forget your administrator account password, another user with an administrator account can reset your password.
The configuration program is not used to add or configure monitors, alerts, or actions. You can add or modify these elements in the ipMonitor web interface.
The following rules apply to administrator accounts:
- Administrator accounts have full access to all ipMonitor features.
- Administrator accounts cannot be deleted until they are demoted in the ipMonitor web Interface to a general user.
- At least one administrator account must be present at all times.
- User accounts have permission levels that administrators can assign to different ipMonitor features and interfaces.
All account information is stored internally using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption.
Verify that you have Local Administrator privileges on the server hosting ipMonitor. Otherwise, you cannot run the ipMonitor configuration program to create an administrator account.
Log in to the server hosting ipMonitor.
Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds ipMonitor > Configure ipMonitor to open the ipMonitor Configuration Program.
If you are running ipMonitor on a Windows system, click Start and locate Configure ipMonitor in the Apps section under SolarWinds ipMonitor.
- If prompted to launch the ipMonitor service, click Yes to start the service.
Click Add Administrator Account.
In the New ipMonitor Administrator Account box, select an account type.
Select Windows Account to associate this administrator account with a Windows local machine or domain account, and then enter a user name and domain. Click Browse to enter additional user details.
Select Standard ipMonitor Account to create an administrator account that is internal to ipMonitor. These accounts are not associated with the Windows local machine or domain accounts.
For standard ipMonitor accounts, enter a user name and password.
- Record your administrator account information and save it in a safe place.
- Click OK.
Delete an administrator account
- Log in to ipMonitor.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Configuration, click Account list.
- In the Account List screen, click an account.
- Demote the account to a Standard or Guest account.
- Delete the account.
Reset an administrator account
ipMonitor administrators can reset any account password at Configuration > Account List. This process orphans any credentials owned by the account, but also prevents another ipMonitor administrator from hijacking another account's credentials for their own use.
To avoid orphaning the credentials owned by an account, log in to ipMonitor as the targeted account and change the account password at Configuration > My Settings. If the password is forgotten or unknown, you cannot avoid this issue.
After you reset the password or delete the account, reinitialize each orphaned credential.
- Log in to ipMonitor as an administrator.
- Go to Configuration > Credentials List.
- Click one of the orphaned credentials.
- At the top of the settings page, click Reinitialize.
- Enter the account name and password.
Select the options for Usage Restrictions based on the credential use.You cannot select all options.
- Click OK.