Use Orion Remote Collectors with SAM
- Use Orion agent technology to communicate with the Orion Platform.
- Do not need a direct connection to the Orion database.
- Are easy to deploy in remote locations, thanks to their simplified architecture.
- Can poll and store data up to 24 hours with no connection to the polling engine, making them useful for unreliable networks, DMZs, and devices that don’t support agents.
Polling jobs run independently of the Main Polling Engine and any Additional Polling Engines, results are stored locally, and then forwarded to the main Orion Platform via agents.
Note the following details about using Orion Remote Collectors with SAM:
- The following SAM features do not currently support ORC polling:
- In Network Automation Manager (NAM) deployments that include both SAM and NPM, ORCs are only used for supported SAM features.
You cannot add ORCs to nodes that are already monitored by Orion agents (for example, via AppInsight for IIS).
To display ORCs currently deployed in your environment:
- Click Settings > All Settings > Manage Remote Collectors.
- Navigate to the Manage Agents page and click the Remote Collectors tab.
To learn more about Orion Remote Collectors, see the Scalability Engine Guidelines.