View wireless data in NPM
You can display the coverage of your wireless access points or the location of connected clients in a map. See Creating Wireless Heat Maps and Viewing the location of clients in wireless heat maps.
Access point details include the AP name, IP address, device type, SSID, channels used, and the number of clients currently connected.
Client details include client name, SSID, IP Address, MAC Address, Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI), time connected, data rate, bytes received and bytes transmitted.
The following IPv6 statistics are currently not monitored:
- Connections between wireless users and access points
- Connections between thin access points and controllers
To view wireless access points and clients:
- Log into the Orion Web Console.
- Navigate to Wireless Summary View through My Dashboards > Wireless in the Network menu.
- In the Show list, select what you want to see (Access Points or Clients).
- To find an access point or client, type a search string into the Search field, and click Search. If there are too many items, select a Group By method to filter the result.
- To see clients currently connected to an access point, locate the access point, and expand the access point name.
- To display the details view for an access point, click the access point. The node details view is specific for the selected device. See Specify views for device types.