Uninstall SolarWinds VNQM
Complete the following steps to remove only VNQM from a Orion Platform deployment (leaving other Orion Platform products).
To uninstall your entire Orion Platform deployment, see Uninstall all Orion Platform products from a server and prepare for reinstall.
Before you start
Before you uninstall the product, complete the following tasks:
- Back up the existing database.
- If you have your database on a VM, create a snapshot or copy of your VM.
- If you need help with backups, see your database vendor documentation.
- If you'd like to use SolarWinds Backup, click here for information.
- Back up product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.
To remove VNQM from a server, complete the following steps:
- Remove product licenses:
- In the Orion Web Console, select Settings > All Settings.
- Under Details, click License Manager.
- In the web-based License Manager, select the product license to remove.
- Click Deactivate.
This removes the license activation and server assignment.
With the license deactivated, it is parked, or available but unused.
- Remove VNQM:
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
- Select SolarWinds VNQM, and click Uninstall.
The Configuration wizard will automatically launch.
Run the Configuration wizard:
The SolarWinds Configuration wizard opens when the uninstallation is complete. If the Configuration wizard does not load automatically, start the Configuration wizard through Start > SolarWinds Orion > Configuration Wizard.
The Configuration wizard runs to verify other elements of your Orion Platform deployment and makes repairs if needed.
- On the Welcome panel of the Configuration wizard, select all components and click Next.
- Complete the wizard.
- Restart the server.
For further information and assistance uninstalling your product, contact Support.