Designate paths in SolarWinds VNQM
For some of the SLA operations used by SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager, performance statistics are collected by sending traffic over paths between sites that you define. These network paths are defined by your IP routing protocol. Because large networks can quickly become complicated, SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager provides an easy-to-use interface for selecting paths for monitoring. You can define paths when configuring IP SLA operations:
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click VoIP & Network Quality (VNQM) Settings.
- Under IP SLA Management, click Create new operations.
This launches the IP SLA Operations wizard.
- Select Create new operations, and click Next.
- Select the type of IP SLA operation, and click Next.
- Select the path option for your new IP SLA operation:
A simple path contains one source node and only one destination node. The path can be tested bidirectionally.
- Fully Meshed
A Fully Meshed path configuration connects every node you define over distinct call paths to every other node selected.
- Hub and Spoke
A Hub and Spoke call path configuration allows you to designate specific nodes as hubs. Each hub is then connected to all other nodes, with paths representing spokes.
The Custom call path configuration option allows you to define your own paths. All defined nodes are listed under this option, and expanding each node displays a list of all other nodes. You can use the check boxes to define paths to best suit your monitoring requirements.
- Click Next and complete the IP SLA Operations wizard.