Use custom properties for SolarWinds VNQM
By using the Orion Custom Property Editor, you can simplify the task of monitoring your network. By using the Custom Property Editor you can define custom properties, such as country, building, asset tag, and serial number. These properties may apply to any device or operation that you have stored in the SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager database. After properties are added, they are available for display and filtering within any SolarWinds Orion application. A few examples of how custom properties can be used are as follows:
- Add a custom property and display it as an annotation on a chart.
- Add a custom property to interfaces to display a custom description.
- Add a custom property that is used as an account limitation on sites.
- Add additional information to sites, such as contact, owner, or support contract number.
- Add a notification property to sites that can configure the alerts feature to send an email to a computer named within the custom property.
- Add a custom property to routers and interfaces for grouping them on the web or in a report.
- Add a custom property of billing codes or customer IDs.
In the Custom Property Editor you can choose from a collection of commonly used properties, or you can build your own custom properties. After your custom property is defined, you can use the Custom Property Editor to populate your custom property with appropriate values or you can use the Import Wizard to populate the new property from either a text file or a comma-delimited file. For more information about creating custom properties for SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager, see Creating a Custom Property.