Advanced automatic import options
As of UDT 3.4, you can automatically import UDT discovery results. When you select Import ports during Network discovery, you have the ability to adjust the automatic import of UDT discovery results with different filtering options, such as Port Status, Port Mode, or Hardware.
- In the SolarWinds Platform Web Console, click Settings > Network Discovery.
- Click Add New Discovery.
- Proceed to the Monitoring Settings page.
- Select Automatically monitor based on my defined monitoring settings > click Define Monitoring Settings.
- Proceed to the Ports page.
- Select Import ports.
This option is disabled by default.
- Select the individual check boxes under Status, Port Mode, Hardware according to your import preferences.
- Optionally, set the Advanced filtering options.
- Click Finish.
- Proceed to the Discovery Scheduling page.
- Select Frequency and select Yes, run the discovery now.
- Click Discover.
After the discovery finishes successfully, UDT ports are automatically imported and monitored according to your filters.