Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics API poller template
Use this SAM API poller template to monitor Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly SQL Data Warehouse) performance and statistics counters, including utilization.
Links and screenshots herein are attributed to © 2021 Microsoft Corp., available at docs.microsoft.com, obtained on October 8, 2021.
- Use the following parameters to specify the API endpoint in the request URL:
Use the following example to help locate values in Azure:
- Configure OAuth 2.0 Azure credentials with the following values:
- Access Token URL:
Although "(optional)" appears next to the Scope field in the UI, this value is required for API pollers based on this template.
- The SQL Server has access control to the Application with at least the Reader role.
- Default thresholds are not set for this template.
- Here is a request example:
Data warehouse units (DWU) utilization
The maximum percentage of database warehouse units used for the given SQL database during the time period specified as the polling frequency.
Data warehouse units (DWU) limit
The maximum database warehouse limit in units for the given SQL database during the time period specified as the polling frequency.
Data warehouse units (DWU) used
The maximum database throughput units per minute used for the given SQL database during the time period specified as the polling frequency.