Troubleshoot application dependency issues in SAM
If the Application Connections widget of a Node or Application Details page displays sample data with a "Why don't I see any connections?" message, follow these steps:
- Review your environment to ensure that:
- Orion Platform settings are configured appropriately.
- Application Dependency monitoring does not surpass recommended limits.
- Remote computers that host nodes use supported environments.
- Polling is enabled on the Application Dependency Settings page.
If polling stops after a recent SAM upgrade, note that the Application Dependencies feature is disabled during upgrades to prevent performance issues for environments with large quantities of nodes. Re-enable polling, if necessary.
If polling fails for Windows Server 2012 nodes, see Agent-related issues.
Review the following topics before contacting SolarWinds Customer Support: