These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Pingdom.
The root cause analysis feature was upgraded to provide greater insight into some of your checks. When clicking on the Root Cause button for a web check, the new page shows a timeline of the check, a detailed analysis of the check, and additional technical details related to each step. For more information about the new feature, see Perform a root cause analysis for a failed check.
The Web Transaction Recorder for macOS was released, allowing you to create recordings on remote macOS systems.
For installation and use, see Transaction Recorder.
For more information about WPM and the transaction recorder, see Use the Web Transaction Recorder.
Web Transaction Recorder improvements
The Web Transaction Recorder improvements include:
- Updated certificate: version 2020.2.4 of the Web Transaction Recorder includes a new code-signing certificate for Windows.
December 2020 - Prepping for Integrated Experience, SAML improvements, and Web Transaction Recorder updates
Integrated Experience preparation
In preparation for the integrated experience, we have launched changes to Pingdom’s navigation, provided additional account management options, and updated our user management functions:
Simplified Navigation: We have consolidated all functions related to synthetic monitoring under one category in the side navigation call ‘Synthetics’. In this new section you will find Uptime, Transactions, Page Speed, Maintenance, Public status page, Email reports, Report banners, and Probe servers.
Enhanced Account Management: Under ‘Settings’ you will notice two sections, ‘Organizational Settings’ and ‘Synthetics and RUM Settings’. Organizational settings are global settings that apply to Pingdom, AppOptics, Loggly, and Papertrail. By connecting more closely with the other cloud-based products, we can take advantage of shared functionality, such as SAML and the new Activity Log.
Unified User Management: As we bring together our APM tools, we wanted to reduce the number of times you’d have to take the same action if you had multiple products. To help achieve this goal, with this release, we have unified user management. Managing users now falls under ‘Organization Settings – Users’.
SAML single sign-on updates
We also updated the SAML single sign-on capabilities:
- Group Mapping: Group mapping allows you to define organization and product roles based on the account's IdP group membership. Members added to an IdP group will automatically gain access to any organization or product roles mapped to that group.
Service Accounts: Service accounts allow users to log in to Pingdom with either their SAML login or their SolarWinds Unified Login account's username and password.
We’re excited to announce added functionality to API 3.1 that allows you to easily export transaction check data into existing systems, into data warehouses for use in enterprise reports, or as a data feed to automation systems like Chatbots.
We’re excited to let you know that there is no step limit when creating transaction checks with the web recorder. The web recorder conveniently captures how a user interacts with a web application - without the need for scripting. It saves you time and effort by recording the transaction steps and translating those actions into a script automatically.
- The Pingdom team is excited to announce now supports SAML v2.0, making it even easier for you to access your SolarWinds APM products. With SAML enabled, you can log in to your Active Directory domain or intranet and have immediate access to the SolarWinds APM products, with no additional login required.
- You can now clone uptime checks. Save time and effort by duplicating existing checks and editing the check to fit your monitoring need.
Using our recently updated plugin, you’ll get answers to questions like what browsers your WordPress site visitors use; how many use tablets, mobile phones, or other devices; and where users are located around the globe. With this information, you can take steps to better understand users’ actual experience and improve your site performance.
Today, we’re happy to announce the public release of version 3.1, which introduces several improvements over previous versions:
- Improved security via Bearer Authentication (token auth), allowing you to authenticate with an API key instead of your product credentials.
- Developer-friendly documentation provided according to the OpenAPI 3.0 Specification (previously Swagger). The documentation is written in a YAML file you can download from our (human readable) documentation page and used to automatically generate boilerplate code (client-side SDKs) in several languages for interacting with our API.
- Easier parameter submissions can be done with JSON in the body of a request, instead of using query strings (with size limitations) or URL encoded key-value pairs.
The new home screen in the SolarWinds® Pingdom® dashboard is now a proper home with a better overview of your account and active services. There are also a few quick links tucked in, under the main services, directing you to the most-frequented pages.
- In your dashboard, immediately on the home screen, you now have easy access to all Pingdom monitoring features along with quick links to add new checks.
- The home screen is also sporting a highlighting feature if uptime or transaction checks are down.
- We added quick links to the most visited pages, such as Extra Services, Invoices, and Reports. There’s also a search box where you can search our knowledge base.
© 2021 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.