Orion Web Console and chart settings for the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Product Specific Settings grouping, click Web Console Settings.
- When you finish configuring the settings, click Submit.
When you edit the Web Console settings, the following options are available:
Provide the amount of time, in minutes, that Orion Web Console waits through user inactivity before the user is logged out.
Windows Account Login
Select whether you want to enable or disable automatic login with Windows Active Directory Credentials. With this feature enabled, the user can log in automatically.
Specify the amount of time that passes before an Orion Web Console view reloads automatically
Select the box, and provide a path to a banner graphic that appears at the top of every Orion Web Console page.
NOC View Logo
Select the box, and provide a path to a banner graphic that appears at the top of every NOC view.
Site Login Text
Provide a text all Orion Web Console users will see before they log in. Enter up to 3500 characters. HTML tags are allowed.
Provide the URL of the server where online help for Orion Platform products is stored. The default location is http://www.solarwinds.com.
If you are in an Internet-restricted network environment but require access to online help, download the online help for your products, including the Orion Platform offline help, copy it to a web server, and change the Help Server URL to that of the web server. You can download the online help from the documentation page for your product at https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center.
Status Rollup Mode
Specify how the availability status of nodes in node trees or on maps is displayed in the Orion Web Console.
- Mixed Status shows Warning ensures that the status of a node group displays the worst warning-type state in the group. If none of the group members have a warning-typed state but the group contains both up and down nodes, a Mixed Availability warning state is displayed for the whole group.
- Show Worst Status ensures the worst state in a node group is displayed for the whole group.
Child Status Rollup Mode
Relevant only for Classic Node Status Calculation: Specify how the status of any single node on the node tree or on a map is displayed.
- Select Show Worst Status to ensure that the worst status of the node group is displayed for the whole group (e.g. red if any of the nodes are down).
- Select Show Worst Status (Interfaces only) to ensure that the worst status of any of the interfaces on a selected node is displayed. Only if you have SolarWinds NPM installed.
- Select Show Worst Status (Applications only) to ensure that the worst status of any of the applications on a selected node is displayed.
- Select Show only ICMP Status to only display up/down status for monitored interfaces.
Child Status Display Mode
Relevant only for ClassicNode Status Calculation. Select whether you want to use a static or blinking icon to display the status of the children of any single node on the node tree or on a map. By default, a static icon displays the status of child objects.
Specify whether you want to show or hide the list of products in the How SolarWinds Products Work Together section of the Settings page.
Drag and Drop Views
Turn on or off the ability to drag resources around on views.
Enable Audit Trails
Select Enable Audit Trails to keep a record of all actions taken by Orion Web Console users. Depending on the number of technicians or the activity level of your installation, this may increase the storage needs of your database.
The following settings apply only to classic charts:
Chart Aspect Ratio
Chart Aspect Ratio is the height/width ratio for web console charts. This ratio should be set between
3.0 to avoid erratic display problems, though the performance of individual systems may differ.
Thumbnail Aspect Ratio
Thumbnail Aspect Ratio is the height/width ratio for chart thumbnails.
95th Percentile Calculations
95th Percentile Calculations adds annotation lines to charts at the entered percentile. This value is normally set to 95.
Maximum Number of Data Series Displayed on Chart
The Maximum Number of Data Series Displayed on Chart setting determines the maximum number of data series that will display on a chart at the same time. The default value for this setting is
Export charts as image in PDF
If modern or classic charts exported in PDFs are empty due to performance issues, enable this option. Instead of rendering charts, the Orion Platform exports the charts as images and includes them into the PDF.
Migrate charts to modern style charts
Click Migrate to upgrade legacy charts and classic charts to the modern style charts. Click Roll Back to revert to original charts.
See migrate charts to modern style charts for more information.
Notify About New Removable Volumes
Select the box if you want to be notified when removable volumes are added to your network and discovered during network discovery.
You should configure the default send email action to receive notifications.
Worldwide Map Settings
Select the box to place nodes automatically on worldwide maps.
Active Alerts Refresh
Specify how often the active alerts grid page is refreshed.