Add nodes for devices connected to UCS controllers to the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NPM — SAM — VMAN
You need Node Management rights to add UCS devices. See Define what users can access and do.
- Navigate to the Node Details page for the parent UCS controller.
- Click the Hardware icon in the left menu to access the Hardware subview.
- Click a fabric interconnect, blade, or rack server in the Overview widget.
If the device is already managed by the Orion Platform, its Node Details page appears. Otherwise, the following dialog box appears:
- Click OK to open the Add Node wizard, where the device IP address is automatically populated.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the Add Node wizard.
To gather maximum UCS data, select Most Devices: SNMP and ICMP as the Polling Method for chassis, rack servers, and blade servers.
For UCS fabric interconnects, the polling method must be SNMP.
- Repeat steps for additional devices in the UCS cluster, as necessary.