Network Atlas for the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
EOC — NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM — UDT — VMAN — VNQM
Network Atlas is an application for creating custom maps and network diagrams. It is preinstalled with your Orion Platform product.
Maps provide a graphical depiction of the network. You can export or print maps, and use them to document your network. You can also view Network Atlas maps in the Orion Web Console.
What can you see on maps?
- Monitored SolarWinds NPM nodes, interfaces, and volumes, SAM applications and components, nested maps, and network links
What customization options are there?
- Customize the map background with default colors, textures, or images. Add custom background graphics, such as floor plans.
- Link dynamic real-time weather or natural disaster maps to your network maps as the background.
- Customize the shape, size, color, and style of map links to illustrate the status of the relative bandwidth of associated objects.
- Select a graphical style for objects to reflect the network status on maps.
- Nest maps, so that you can drill down to reveal increasing levels of detail, and the status of nested map child objects may be bubbled up to the parent map. You can for example nest floor maps into a map of a building, and be notified if devices on the floor map are down.