Alert preconfiguration tasks in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for the following products:
EOC — ETS — WPM
Some alerts require extra configuration, separate software installations, or information that you may need to request from other departments.
Alert actions that require set up before creating or configuring alerts include:
- Send an email or page in the Orion Platform
- Dial a paging or SMS service in the Orion Platform
- Play a sound when an alert is triggered in the Orion Platform
- Send an SNMP trap in the Orion Platform
- Use the speech synthesizer to read alerts in the Orion Platform
Monitored objects in the SolarWinds Orion database must exist before creating or configuring alerts. Monitored objects can include items such as nodes, databases, and applications.