NCM setup required for binary configs
NCM stores binary configuration files that you download on a network share. If you will be managing device configurations that are in binary format, you must first specify the network share that you want NCM to use.
NCM cannot be used to edit or compare binary configuration files.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Product Specific Settings section, select NCM Settings.
- In the Configs section, select Binary Config Storage Settings.
- Enter the path to the network share. For example: \\MYLAB-SERVERNAME-01\binarystorage.
- Enter the credentials required to access the network share.
- To validate the connection before submitting your settings, click Validate.
- When finished, click Submit.
The NCM server must be in the same domain as the network share system.