Manage BMC Remedy Service Desk with Mobile Admin
This section provides information about how to use the Mobile Admin Client to manage Remedy Service Desk (RSD). Please note that all the procedures in this chapter assume that you are logged in to Mobile Admin and that you have selected a BMC Remedy server from your Manage Hosts list, or selected the BMC Remedy Service Desk service from the Manage Services list.
The BMC Remedy Service Desk application has been detected if a successful TCP connection is made to BMC Remedy.
Mobile Admin will prompt you for your BMC Remedy credentials.
The Mobile Admin server uses the BMC AR system API to communicate with the BMC Remedy Service Desk application.
Manage the Remedy Service Desk application
Mobile Admin supports BMC Remedy Service Desk 7.003 and 7.5.001.
Set the BMC Remedy Service Desk port
- After logging in to Mobile Admin, select the server you want to access through the Manage Hosts screen.
- Select Server Properties on the menu.
- In the Remedy AR Server port (0 for Portmapper) field, enter the port on which the Remedy AR Server is listening (or 0 if the Portmapper is used on the Remedy server), then select Save.
The Remedy AR Server port can also be set when initially adding a Remedy Service Desk service to the Manage Services screen.
Search for a remedy incident
- On the Search Incident page, do the following:
- If you want to search for an incident assigned to you, select the Assigned to me box.
- If you want to search for an incident assigned to another user, clear the Assigned to me box.
- If you want to search for incidents based on Company, Priority, or Status, select the relevant option in the respective drop-down menus.
- If you want to search for an incident based on support group, select a group from the Assigned group drop-down list.
- If you want to search for an incident you have created, select the Submitted by me box.
- If you want to search for incidents based on incident ID, in the Incident ID text field, type the number assigned to the incident.
You do not need to type the complete Incident number.
For example, if you search for incidents containing the number 3, the search returns all incidents that contain the number 3, such as 13, 23, 30, 31.
- Click Search.
- To view details for an incident remedy, simply select the desired incident on the Search Results page.
Edit a remedy incident
On the Search Results page, click an Incident on the screen.
Make changes as required and click Save incident.
Change the status of a remedy incident
Some status changes require you to indicate a reason for the change; all incident resolutions require a description of how the incident was resolved.
- On the Incident Request page, click Change Status.
- In the New status field, select the status you want from the drop-down list and click Save.
- To indicate the reason for a change in status:
- In the Change Status Reason page, select a reason from the Reason drop-down list.
- In the Resolution field, type an explanation describing how the incident was resolved.
- Click Save.
Edit an incident request
- On the Incident Request page, make the desired modifications in the fields shown.
- Click Save incident.
Reassign an incident
- On the Incident Request page, select Reassign....
- From the Support Group drop-down list, select the group you want to reassign the incident to.
- From the Reassign Incident - Assignee drop-down list, select an assignee from the support group.
- Click Save.
View information about the origin of an incident
- On the Incident Request page, select Relationships.
- Click Save.
Modify a resolution date for an incident
- On the Incident Request page, select Date/System.
- In the Estimated resolution date field, type a time and date.
- Click Save.
Create work information
- On the Incident Request page, click Work Log.
- Click Create Work Info.
- In the Work info type field, select the appropriate type.
- In the Date field, type the hour and date for the incident in HH:MM AM/PM DD/MM/YYYY format.
- In the Source field, select the origin of the information.
- In the (mandatory) Summary field, type information about the incident.
- In the Notes field, type any additional information concerning the incident.
- Click Save.
Edit work information
- On the Incident Work Log page, select the incident you want to view.
- Make changes as required and click Save.
Receive BMC Remedy Desk notifications
Subscribing to the BMC Remedy Desk feed allows you to receive notifications on your Mobile Admin dashboard of changes that may occur in your BMC Remedy Desk application.
For example, should a new incident be assigned to you, you will be notified automatically by Mobile Admin, will be able to view details of the notification, and will be able to take the appropriate response actions quickly. There are two ways to subscribe to the BMC Remedy Desk feed:
- From a view of the Mobile Admin home screen, select Notifications.
- Scroll down to and select BMC Remedy Desk.
- Enter a name for the feed and, if desired, a contact phone number and URL. Select Subscribe to this Feed.
- From within the BMC Remedy Desk application, select Subscribe to this feed....
- Name the feed and, if desired, enter a contact phone number and URL. Select Subscribe to this Feed.