Filter messages based on time of day
Use the Time of day filter to include messages sent during specific times. For example, you can use this filter to stop processing messages sent during test or maintenance periods.
Only messages sent during the specified times trigger actions in the associated rule.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Filters step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add filter. Define the filter name in the provided field.
In the Field drop down, select Time of day.
Select the day of the week and specify the time range in their respective menus.
To add more than one specified date and time, click Add time of day.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating a filter in the New Rule wizard, click Add.