Filter messages based on input source
This feature is available only in a licensed edition of Kiwi Syslog Server NG.
Use the Input source filter to trigger an actionif the input source of the message matches one of the selected input sources. For example, only triggering on incoming TCP messages.
If there is no Input source filter in the rule, the Kiwi Syslog Server NG includes all messages.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Filters step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add filter. Define the filter name in the provided field.
In the Field drop down, select Input source.
- Select one or more input sources.
- If you are adding a filter to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating a filter in the New Rule wizard, click Add.
Kiwi Syslog Server NG triggers actions in the associated rule when messages are received from the selected input source.