Add an action to send a syslog message
You can add an action to send a syslog message to one or more hosts. You can use this option to relay syslog messages to another host with extra information, or with your own text added to the message.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Actions step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add Action. Define the action name in the provided field.
- In the Action drop down, select Send syslog message.
Specify the following options:
IP address or host name
Enter the IP address or host name of one or more hosts. Separate multiple entries with commas. IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are supported. For example:
Myhost.com, SecondHost.net, 18.104.22.168
Syslog message text
Specify the message text. Click to use variables.
New Facility and New Level To change the facility and level, enter the new values. New Port and New Protocol To change the port and protocol, enter the new values.
If you are adding an action to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating an action in the New Rule wizard, click Add.