Add an action to log to the NT event log
You can add an action to log messages to the NT application event log.
When you view the NT event log with the NT event log viewer, the log type is set to show System events by default. To show Application events, select the Application item in the Log menu of the NT Event viewer.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Actions step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add Action. Define the action name in the provided field.
- In the Action drop down, select Log to NT event log.
Specify the following options.
Event log message type Logging level to be used for messages logged to the NT event log by this action. Insertion string options
How messages are inserted into the Event Log:
Single insertion string
%1is replaced with: Date – Tab – Time – Priority – Tab – Hostname – Tab – Message
5 Tab delimited insertion strings
5 Space delimited insertion strings
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating an action in the New Rule wizard, click Add.