Add an action to log messages to a database with a bulk insert
You can add an action to log messages to a SQL database using a bulk insert. You can use a bulk insert to log multiple events in a single connection to the database, rather than establishing and closing a session for each event.
- From the Kiwi Syslog NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Rules.
- Locate an existing rule. If the rule does not exist, add a rule and start the New Rule wizard.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, select the rule and click Edit. If you are creating a new rule, navigate to the Actions step of the New Rule wizard.
- Click Add Action. Define the action name in the provided field.
In the Action drop down, select Log to database - new bulk insert.
Enter the SQL Server connection string.
Click Generator to connect to a SQL server database using Windows credentials or a user name and password. Click Test Connection to check the status of the server connection.
Enter the database table name. Click Create new... to generate the database.
- (Optional) Click Advanced Options to specify the number of maximum records, maximum milliseconds, and connection inactivity timeout, if desired.
- Click Test to verify that records log to the database in bulk correctly.
- If you are adding an action to an existing rule, click Apply. If you are creating an action in the New Rule wizard, click Add.